"When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life". Even though we have our differences, you will always be my favourite brother, Abang! The Dean to my Sam, happy 2xth birthday! 🎉 #happybirthday #abangku #hashtag
Excuse me, that’s not how you spell my name. 😂
Had a looooooooooong chat with Bazli, about almost everything. Early lunch at The Energy Kitchen, then went to Ash-Shaliheen Mosque for prayers and then drove back to Kiulap to search for the best apple pie in town at Another Cafe! Thanks for today, Baz! See you around soon. I hope you find your travel buddy in the near future (eseh).
BHM x BRI x SOT x LDN
Lunch at Excapade and dessert at Ximply Chriz with the buddies. Amazing food, amazing company, amazing conversations! Thanks for the fun day out, guys! 😙
"You will never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough".
Tagged by @fatepops and @marinagusdin, here’s my book tag! 📚📖
1. Oh, is that what they’re called? I usually take the jackets off!
2. Actually, I do neither. I remember up to what part of the story I have read, or the page number. These ways don’t usually work, so what I do is I flip to a certain page, read through a paragraph or so and work my way from there, either I’ve left it off before then or after. Not the best of methods, but it works for me.
3. I don’t mind either! I like paperbacks because they’re light to carry around, but hardbacks look cool. Aesthetics vs portability
4. I can go either way! Have such a short attention span, I tend to usually read several books without finishing any.
5. It depends. Maps and graphs and stuff are cool at the beginning, especially for mythological novels. I don’t mind pictures! Graphic novels are quite cool, don’t you think?
6. Again, I don’t mind. Dan Brown tend to have one-page chapters but it builds the suspense, and makes the story flow. Rick Riordan has long chapters, but has several line breaks in some.
To the 10 people I tagged, it’s your turn! And to those who are reading this and are interested in doing the tag, go right ahead! ☺️
Hot summer’s day…. Etennn! “Productive” day with Safwana, from MOE to Giant to have lunch with Cuyang to TCPD, then picked up Raihan for some Gong Cha. Fun times with these two, wished the other #awesomeblossoms were there, too! Got to be the driver for a change. #albumphotoshoot #bisingdiGongCha
It’s not everyday that you get to sit in Lapau, or be under the Kindua, looking at the Mahligai. Or get served tea and various traditional biscuits in Balai Persantapan or receive the Sembah Penghormatan!
Thank you Jabatan Adat Istiadat Negara and BASSSI for the truly informative day, another year of menambat dastar and menapih sinjang!
#brunei #tradition #adatistiadat (at Dewan Persantapan Lapau)
Brunch with the sister and her mister. Had the HF Breakfast Pan (bottom right), comparable with Cafe Face’s Halal breakfast. The others had Eggs Benedict and Cajun Chicken/Pumpkin Waffle. Quite filling, I don’t think I need to eat lunch. 😅 Place is quite comfy and perfect for a pick me up, but food’s quite expensive. Cool beans 👌 (at High Frequency Cafe)
The baby bird has finally left the nest! *kicks Farah out of the house*. Safe travels and study smart, Farahdun! Get that first class! ✈️🇬🇧 #adikberadikroom
Late, late breakfast with my favourite person in the world. #twomurtabaksinone #tehtarik #nommage
Throwback Tuesday. Cause I’m too mainstream (and too impatient) to do it on Thursday.
As requested by @notfatinmars, here are 20 more facts about me. Read or scroll over, your choice.
1. I’ve successfully cut out most carbonated drinks and IndoMee in my life. I have them at most once a month.
2. My favourite Raya kueh used to be tart nenas.
3. Quite obsessed with finding the digits of my birthdate anywhere.
4. I like to play the number plate game, where you make a formula out of the digits, e.g. if the number plate is KA 8241, it’ll be (8/2)/4=1.
5. Some might say that I’m short-tempered.
6. In trains, I like to seat with my back facing the direction of travel. I get a bit ill when I’m seated facing the direction of travel.
7. Trains are probably my preferred mode of transport in the UK. It’s just that it’s a bit of a walk to the station.
8. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. I’ve been known to sleep in cars, trains, the Reading Room, the common room, the Counselling Room, in class, etc.
9. If I could have any superpowers, it would be to manipulate time and time-dependent processes, like hair growth or distance running.
10. I think my legs are quite strong, but my upper body strength is weak.
11. I used to not know how to eat ambuyat. I started when I was in PU1/PU2, when we went to eat ambuyat in our ‘free time’.
12. I like to read. Currently, my favourite genre is mythology. The Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series are ‘Most Recent’ on my iPad.
13. I’m overly sensitive, especially watching sad films and videos. I cried watching Hachiko, and also at the end of Odd Thomas.
14. I like spicy food
15. I’ve been told I look relaxed under pressure. That’s how diamonds are made, guys.
16. My handwriting has changed over the years, but I think the one now, the small handwriting, is here to stay. Might need to change it for when I teach?
17. I like inky pens.
18. I can be very persuasive.
19. I used to bring around a stuffed cat around when I was very small. And I had two stuffed Donald Ducks.
20. I used to be scared when watching The Mummy. It’s one of my favourite films now!
21. Did I mention that I like lefties?
Nah mesti buat tin