It’s not everyday that you get to sit in Lapau, or be under the Kindua, looking at the Mahligai. Or get served tea and various traditional biscuits in Balai Persantapan or receive the Sembah Penghormatan!
Thank you Jabatan Adat Istiadat Negara and BASSSI for the truly informative day, another year of menambat dastar and menapih sinjang!
#brunei #tradition #adatistiadat (at Dewan Persantapan Lapau)
Brunch with the sister and her mister. Had the HF Breakfast Pan (bottom right), comparable with Cafe Face’s Halal breakfast. The others had Eggs Benedict and Cajun Chicken/Pumpkin Waffle. Quite filling, I don’t think I need to eat lunch. 😅 Place is quite comfy and perfect for a pick me up, but food’s quite expensive. Cool beans 👌 (at High Frequency Cafe)
The baby bird has finally left the nest! *kicks Farah out of the house*. Safe travels and study smart, Farahdun! Get that first class! ✈️🇬🇧 #adikberadikroom
Late, late breakfast with my favourite person in the world. #twomurtabaksinone #tehtarik #nommage
Throwback Tuesday. Cause I’m too mainstream (and too impatient) to do it on Thursday.
As requested by @notfatinmars, here are 20 more facts about me. Read or scroll over, your choice.
1. I’ve successfully cut out most carbonated drinks and IndoMee in my life. I have them at most once a month.
2. My favourite Raya kueh used to be tart nenas.
3. Quite obsessed with finding the digits of my birthdate anywhere.
4. I like to play the number plate game, where you make a formula out of the digits, e.g. if the number plate is KA 8241, it’ll be (8/2)/4=1.
5. Some might say that I’m short-tempered.
6. In trains, I like to seat with my back facing the direction of travel. I get a bit ill when I’m seated facing the direction of travel.
7. Trains are probably my preferred mode of transport in the UK. It’s just that it’s a bit of a walk to the station.
8. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. I’ve been known to sleep in cars, trains, the Reading Room, the common room, the Counselling Room, in class, etc.
9. If I could have any superpowers, it would be to manipulate time and time-dependent processes, like hair growth or distance running.
10. I think my legs are quite strong, but my upper body strength is weak.
11. I used to not know how to eat ambuyat. I started when I was in PU1/PU2, when we went to eat ambuyat in our ‘free time’.
12. I like to read. Currently, my favourite genre is mythology. The Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series are ‘Most Recent’ on my iPad.
13. I’m overly sensitive, especially watching sad films and videos. I cried watching Hachiko, and also at the end of Odd Thomas.
14. I like spicy food
15. I’ve been told I look relaxed under pressure. That’s how diamonds are made, guys.
16. My handwriting has changed over the years, but I think the one now, the small handwriting, is here to stay. Might need to change it for when I teach?
17. I like inky pens.
18. I can be very persuasive.
19. I used to bring around a stuffed cat around when I was very small. And I had two stuffed Donald Ducks.
20. I used to be scared when watching The Mummy. It’s one of my favourite films now!
21. Did I mention that I like lefties?
Nah mesti buat tin
Great catch up sesh with these two 😘 #TWAS
Tagged by @nuuuudge and @zayyanah, here’s my “20 Facts About Me” list.
1. I was born about half-past 7 in the morning, and I want to say that I’m a morning person.
2. I’m a Grammar Nazi, which makes me an ideal proofreader for essays, personal statements and dissertations.
3. I like lefties. No joke.
4. I like looking at people’s eyes. No, not into their eyes, just at their eyes.
5. When I’m lying down and bored, I tend to subconsciously draw triangles (of various sizes) with my right big toe.
6. I can be super random.
7. I used to be talkative, but somehow I grew out of that. I think my best friends can vouch for that.
8. Speaking of best friends, most of my closest friends are female. Only from Pre-University and in University did I have some close guy friends.
9. Surah adh-Dhuhaa is an absolute favourite.
10. I like to keep my desktop page as empty as possible.
11. I don’t like to use a computer mouse, unless I absolutely have to. Otherwise, computer shortcuts on keyboard are fine.
12. I would like to think of myself as a good singer.
13. I like to twirl a pen or a stylus between the fingers on my left hand.
14. I sometimes climb down from my bed and sleep on the floor, or sit down on the floor and rest my head on the bed. And I do this while I’m asleep. One time, I woke up and found myself sitting cross-legged on the floor, away from my bed.
15. And oh, I sleep in the dark.
16. I like my calves.
17. Notable scars are on right arm (from that Primary 4 incident) and on my left shin (from Form 2).
18. I name most of my gadgets. Except for my phone, because it was only supposed to be temporary (it’s been more than a year now).
19. Nasi Goreng Kampong and Cheese Omelette are my specialty dishes. Nothing special.
20. I like playing with babies and little kids. I feel like I have a special connection with them.. They probably think I’m a grown baby. Hahaha.
21. Did I mention I like lefties?
I tagged most of my closest friends, now it’s your turn to do it!
Picture: with my mahramzone 🙈
I don’t mind if someone is weirder than me, though. 😅 #repost from @izuana
for the yowpeda 69min challenge on twitter. tonight was “Makishima and Toudou”
Annual Blossoms Ambuyat sesh! 🍜 As usual, we were the noisiest bunch in the place 😅 #gambarmacamlastyear #awesomeblossoms #clingyhousemates (at Aminah Arif Restaurant Jerudong)
Hmm… red pineapple? 🍍 #rambutan